The library was established at the inception of the G. C. Foster College of Physical Education and Sport in 1980.
The collection is special, because it supports a curriculum with an emphasis on Sports and Physical Education. It holds a modest collection of approximately 11,000 books, periodical titles, a newspaper clippings collection and audio-visual service.
The year 1995 was a significant year for the library. It heralded extensive growth and physical development. Floor space was increased from 1200 square feet to approximately 32,000 square feet. Subsequently the seating capacity has increased from 20 to 50 persons.